2012 BACKGROUND-SETUP

Cruger Ave is laid out through what was the Hitchcock estate of 1870 around Boston  Road, the Mace estate of 1868, and the Astor estate of the same date. At Bronxdale, it was called Brown Avenue and in Williamsbridge, it was  called Timpson Avenue. Named after John Cruger (1678 -1744)

Olinville Ave is named after the settlements called Olinville No.1 and Olinville No.2  that were incorporated in 1852-1853. The townships were named in honor  of Bishop Stephen Olin of the Methodist chuch.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BOTTOM BANNER